At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Saturday, October 16, 2004

JUST THE HIGH POINTS


I have been completely underwhelmed by blogging lately, even though events have been lively and stimulating Chez Theresa over the past few weeks. Here's the Cliff Notes version:

Moved--yes! Lock, stock and spinning wheels, completed on September 21st.

Unpacked? NO! There is nothing more demoralizing than feeling compelled to unload the boxes you so tenderly packed only a few days before. Unpacking brings its own share of disasters, more on that later.

SOAR? You betcha! I flew to Maine on October 2nd and hooked up with Clara of Knitters Review. Together we made the seemingly endless drive to Pocono Manor, PA. (New Englanders: you've got a lot of states out here). I am not doing a big SOAR re-cap this year, because Clara has done such a great job of it here. I will say I was lucky enough to be in Deb Menz's "Never Enough Color" class, where I learned to paint rovings with synthetic fiber-reactive dyes. Yes, I do have a photo of my efforts and yes I will eventually post it here.

SOAR was followed by a week of spinning at Clara's house, and now we are both in NY for Rhinebeck. My Dad drove from Ontario to meet us here, and attend his first sheep and wool festival. That will deserve a post of its own.

Home