At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Sunday, May 02, 2004

DONE A WHILE AGO, NOW UNVEILED


Na Craga:



I realized if I waited until I had something sparkling to say about Na Craga--or anything else for that matter--I might never post. Been feeling very tired and un-chatty lately.

I will say that Na Craga is, as reputed, a great beginner Aran, because the pattern repeat is easy to memorize and fun to knit. The construction is very simple, even if you complicate matters as I did and knit the saddles to front and back rather than separately as called for in the pattern. I was trying to save the bother of seaming them and practicing the technique I learned from Beth Brown-Reinsel at the same time.

I used about 9 skeins of Brown Sheep Naturespun Worsted to make the medium size. The color is "Ash" and I got the job lot of yarn dirt cheap from an Ebay seller. These skeins were supposed to be seconds but knitted up fine and are uniform in color. A good buy.

There's plenty of other stuff going on lately, which I'll update about once I work up the energy. One last note, for those of you kind enough to ask: Shroom is doing brilliantly well. Her last thyroid check was normal and she is acting her usual self--affectionate and demanding. Gotta love that in a grey puffycat, right?

Home