At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

BRIEFLY


Yes, I'm still here. I'm away from home at the moment, on a reconaissance trip to Humboldt County, California to see if I can find a job and a place to live up here. (Place to live=house with 5+ acres in the country, so I can raise alpacas.) This is what passes for a Seinfeld-ian, out-of-place identity crisis in my family: my mother, bemoaning the lack of a Chinese barbecued duck shop in Eureka, CA.

Meanwhile, I've finished front and back of Na Craga and have whacked through the first sleeve. Instead of knitting the saddle and seaming it to front/back shoulders, I've kept the shoulder stitches on holders and plan to knit the saddle to these live stitches as I go. Taking a lot of chances, aren't I? New job, new county, and a new knitting construction technique.

Cross your fingers for me.

Home