At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

FLEECE QUESTION FOR ALL YOU EXPERTS


By this time, both Clara and I are back from TNNA. I know Clara is planning a full report on her blog, but my thoughts haven't fully formed on the experience yet. I will say two things:

1) I will NEVER own a yarn shop in this lifetime.
2) Knitters Review is a tremendous asset to the entire knitting community, and takes an equally tremendous amount of work to produce. It was gratifying to hear the positive feedback by yarn producers, designers, store owners and publishers. I got to stand there, beaming and saying "I've known Clara for TWENTY years!"

I'm so proud of her. That's all I'll say.

Okay, here's my fleece question. I have a raw white fleece with a 5" staple and--dagnabbit--a 1/2 inch break at the butt end. The rest of the staple is sound. How would you fleece experts handle the break? I'm wondering whether the short parts will come out in the picker, or if I should separate the break from the rest of the lock by hand (ugh). All opinions will be welcome.

Home