At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Sunday, December 07, 2003

THE MUSE OF MARTHA STRIKES!


Although there is no budget to purchase gifts for everyone attending the 2003 Holiday Party, I don't want anyone to sit there empty-handed while the residents exchange Secret Santa gifts. Thus, the following brainstorm:



Each of these little bundles contains two tealight candles. They are wrapped bon-bon style in tissue paper, and tied with colored raffia. A bundle of kitchen matches is the garnish on the wrapping. I made about fifty of these incendiary party favors for about $12.50. I hope people will light them at the party for dinner-table ambience.

Good thing we're not expecting all those kids, eh?

Home