At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Sunday, November 16, 2003

THE NIGHT SHIFT APPROCHETH


What is it about impending Night Float that inspires me to finish up projects? Here's one whose progress I didn't photograph very often, since I knitted most of it while I was on the road last month:



Yes, it's the Chief's Jacket, knit from handspun Jacob yarns. I dyed white yarns after spinning. The red is brazilwood, the yellow is osage orange, and the blue is--of course--indigo. I knitted the whole thing from sleeve to sleeve, adjusting the dimensions of the Vivid and Continuous Jacket so that this garment will actually fit ME!

It isn't 100% done yet--the knitting is complete and the ends woven in, but the edges are still pinned and drying from a quick water spritz that constitutes my version of blocking. I probably won't get to seam the edges until next weekend, since my first night shift is tonight and it's a LONG week ahead.

Home