At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Friday, October 17, 2003

WHEN THE SWEATER DOESN'T FIT...


...cast on the next one, fast.



This is a NEW sleeve-to-sleeve cardigan jacket, knitted in handspun Jacob wool in natural black and grey, with indigo/osage orange/brazilwood stripes. It's hard to tell in this photo, which shows the right sleeve, but I'm trying to get the stripe sequence to resemble a Navajo chief's blanket. I enjoy the interplay between the natural colors of the sheep's wool and the naturally-dyed accent colors.

This time, I'm making the front panels wider, which of course will widen the entire garment. I've calculated out 30% ease for this cardigan, since this percentage of ease was so flattering on my mother, the Stick Insect.

Progress continues apace. For the next few weeks, I have no formal work responsibilities because I'm on what is known as an Away Elective, meaning I'm away from the hospital, away from my clinic, and have NO CALL until next month.

All together now: WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Home