At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Thursday, October 30, 2003

SOAR REPORTAGE PROBLEMS


Just to let everyone know that SOAR is going full force, but that your roving reporter here is having dial-up problems at her new lodgings, so we're not going to have any photos today.

The Estonian lace workshop concluded yesterday, and of course I still had knitting to do. We completed a mini-scarf and a mini-square shawl swatch during days two and three (photos to come), which is a wonderful way to learn new techniques and makes me think that this is the type of swatching I should be doing more often.

The Market opened with a bang this morning. I endured the loooong line at the Rovings booth to buy 900gms of fabulous red/orange/gold roving in a mohair/Polwarth blend. I also got some Polwarth top to spin into laceweight yarn using the great spinning tips I learned from Judith MacKenzie. It is truly AMAZING how long we SOARers are willing to wait in the Rovings line, but the fiber is truly wonderful--and available by mail order, I might add.

We have the rest of the day free--if you can tear yourself loose from the Market--and sign up for Retreat sessions, or half-day classes, this afternoon.

I'll update again soon--and cross my fingers for some photo uploads.

Home