At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Friday, October 31, 2003

SOAR 2003: DAY FOUR


From the Deep Sigh Department: The dial-up problems continue here at my current lodgings, so we are again photo-less today.

Yesterday was a class-free day at SOAR; the participants registered for the workshop alone departed, making way for arriving retreat participants. The Spinner's Market opened, as I mentioned yesterday, with the usual scrum of spinnerly bodies diving for the latest in colored rovings, books, tools, and accessories.

In the afternoon, my mother, the Peke, and I ventured north to an alpaca farm near Charlevoix, MI. There I tramped over a mile of pastures to see dozens and dozens of the Dr. Seussian critters, and came back with a whole bunch of adorable photos of alpaca and llama crias, which--thanks to the failures of my inn's phone system--I can't share with you today.

(Believe me, this hurts me almost as much as it hurts you.)

Today I'm off to the first two Retreat sessions. The first is Elaine's class on Rug Hooking for Spiners, which is completely booked for the entire Retreat session. The second is Kathryn Alexander's class entitled "Knitted Storyboards," in which we're going to explore short-row shapes for use in sweater knitting.

Can't wait. And can't wait until I can get back to uploading photos...

Home