At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Thursday, September 25, 2003

A QUICK PROGRESS REPORT


Back from CWFF, where I had to buy myself this:



It's a (now discontinued) walnut Louet S90. I'm a fan of Louets. An S10 was my first wheel and is still a workhorse for most of my spinning. An S40 hatbox wheel also found its way into my home, courtesy of a great buy on Ebay. Many people find their modern designs unappealing, but I think they're quite appealing in an IKEA-ish way. And you can't beat their ease of use. The S90 has the same flyer/tensioning/drive band system as the S10 and has great built-ins--a 3-bobbin kate and a 1-yard skeinwinder (not shown). My baby.

Perhaps inspired by New Lulu, I finished spinning up all the Corriedale batts:



This is most of the resulting yarn--some smaller skeins are currently being used for swatching. I've got about 39oz and 1550 yards total (heavy worsted to bulky), plenty for a roomy jacket.

I'll post about my swatching progress in the next post, but I've got a night of call to tackle before then. If only this pesky thing called work didn't get in the way of all the really important things in life.

Home