At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Friday, September 05, 2003

BEFORE I GO BACK "INSIDE"


Thanks to all who have commented or emailed me about my Call Night posts. I'm always surprised to learn that people find such antics interesting at all. Apparently, the Discovery Channel plans to air a show called Resident Life featuring more baggy-eyed specimens like me. I imagine they'll focus on Surgery and ER residents, the ones who really work like animals.

I, for one, will not be tuning in.

Anyhoo, the great wheel of fortune has turned all the way around again, and I am once more ON CALL tomorrow for another 24 hour haul. The famed Dr. Bloody Unpleasant will be guest starring, along with another real peach of a Family Practice attending (insert bitterly ironic smile here). Yippee.

As my last act as Real Person before going back to the Big House, I'll show you what I've been working on between call appearances:



This is a selection of naturally-dyed Correidale batts I cooked up on my Fricke's Finest. The fleece was the 1st place White Corriedale winner at the 2002 Black Sheep Gathering. I dyed it with madder, kota, logwood, annatto, and osage orange. Each batt weighs about 1oz and combines two colors. Ultimately I plan to spin these into a mess o' yarn for a knitted jacket to wear to this year's SOAR.

Famous last words from a woman who had to abandon the SOAR vest project last year. But this year I'm doing it. You'll see.

Home