At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Friday, August 08, 2003

LIVE FROM KANSAS CITY, MO




We've been selling, selling, selling the residency to medical students for the past two days. Exhausting! I'm really pleased with the enthusiasm out there for family practice and the quality of medical students who have traveled here to learn more about residencies nationwide. Gives me hope that family practice--a model of health care that makes a lot of sense--will get stronger in the future.

So what do I get to do in my sightseeing time? Visit yarn stores, of course:



This is The Studio Knitting shop in Kansas City, MO., recommended to me by Colleen H., who cruised through my blog and discovered I was in the neighborhood. Brilliant shop, with tons of Rowan, Classic Elite, Koigu, and a whole table of novelty yarns. I appreciated the good organization of their extensive selection of patterns--so often you have to dig and dig to find a vest pattern in a sea of baby jackets, you know?

(And yes, I bought some yarn--a few skeins of Classic Elite Wings on sale, and some Grignasco Top Print for kicks.)


Home