At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

ZIPPYDEEDOODAH!!


The most frequent prayer of all is answered: Night Float is OVER!

I must say this was the longest, hardest NF block I've ever done. It didn't help that I covered two Saturday *day* shifts for friends, at times I'd usually be off work. What a sucker I am.

I'm having re-entry phenomena this morning. After sleeping 6 hours yesterday during the day, and 6 hours again last night, I found myself waking up spontaneously at 5:30am and marching down the stairs, as if I had something pressing to do. You see, I'm so used to being awake and at work at any time of day that my mind believes that wakefulness=work to do.

Don't worry, I sat down again with a nice cup of iced coffee.

Night Float wasn't a complete waste of fiber time, however--more on that later.

Home