At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

WHY SLEEP WHEN YOU CAN SPIN?


Or, truthfully--What to do when you wake up from a middle-of-the-night nap:



This is just over 51oz of handspun yarn, over half of which I spun on my Journey Wheel during the Night Float rotation. The green is Bountiful's Alpine Meadow "Springtime" blend. The blue is Louet 70/30 merino/silk. The salmon/coral was spun from batts from Lucky Duck Farm (click here for their Ebay auctions). The heathery skeins are spun from Hatchtown Farm's roving and Bountiful's Wildflower blend--made up from the end-of-day carding leftovers.

This was my best attempt to spin through my fiber stash, but it backfired in the end. I got so enthusiastic about spinning again that I went a bit wild online. There's about 5.5lbs of roving and batts on there way to me as I write.

What to do with these skeins? I'm thinking of another Obi, since I liked the first one so much. Hmmmm.


Home