At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Thursday, May 22, 2003

FOR SOME OF US, THE PROGRESS IS MEASURED IN MILLIMETERS


Yes, I am slowly plugging away on my knitting projects. Alka is at the same state as my last update, but the Obi now has the fronts joined to the back and markers placed for the sleeve stitches to be picked up. Here's a photo of the yarns knit together for one front:



This photo shows the colors as a bit more yellow-orange than in real life. I love working with my handspun--I think a new addiction is born! I find myself surfing around, looking for luscious rovings in complementary colorways to combine into the next project. Quite forgetting, of course, the dozens of pounds of fiber lying around this house already.

Now that Obi is joined front-to-back, it has officially dropped out of the Portable Projects category, and is relegated to Law & Order knitting. This should slow its progress down to a trickle, even though I've only got two tiny sleeves and the front band to go.

Meanwhile, in the time it's taken me to get this far on Obi, Wendy J. has finished at least two fair isles (including the mind-boggling Henry VIII) and Wendy E. has whipped through St. Brigid and most of the as-yet-unphotographed Bipolar CVM sweater. Not to mention Catherine D. who, every time I check into her blog, has spun up two pounds of yarn, knit a complex lace piece for Keeshound rescue, or warped a big weaving project.

There's a lot of inspiration out there, dear friends.

Home