At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Tuesday, February 04, 2003

LOVELY STUFF


Check out this fabulous sweater my mother made for me:



It's a Jo Sharp design--can't remember which one--made from her DK yarn in a luscious aubergine shade. Mom agreed to knit it for me when I was trying to de-stash a few months ago, and made quick and fine work of it. She's actually able to make a sweater that fits, unlike me, The Maker of Huge Garments.

And here are my latest acquisitions:



That's a Kaari spindle by Jim Child, the spindle master of Hatchtown Farm fame. The whorl is made of bloodwood, the shaft of zebrawood, and the entire spindle weighs about 1.1oz. She's a smoooooooooooth spinner! I'm working on some Icelandic thel/angora roving by The Lavender Fleece.

Kaari is resting on a bed of Manos de Uruguay skeins, the next project in my hopper. A friend and sister resident and her DSO were a tremendous help to me recently, helping install baby gates in my apartment to keep the cats safe, and lending me their car when mine was in the shop. So I'm casting on a marvelous Manos afghan, made square by square in different colors and stitch patterns. Usually I'm not a fan of block afghans, but I made one out of Manos for myself and love the colors and texture, so it seems only right I should make another one for some good friends.

To close, here's a Bergman-esque photo of the cats, taken in low light while they were relaxing on the Mont Blanc cat tree:




Home