At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Thursday, January 23, 2003

PROGRESS WITH HANDSPUN




Latest FO: this is a lace scarf knitted from handspun merino/bombyx roving from Nancy Finn of Chasing Rainbows Colorworks, modeled by one of my favorite pieces of ethnic art. Her work (Nancy Finn's, not the African bust) was featured in Handpaint Country. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a website, but I have to say she's one of the best colorists working with spinning fiber around.

Other than Wendy's gift sachet, this is the only item I've ever made from my own handspun. The skeins just pile up all over this apartment, fondled and admired. I think this has to change, don't you?

For more photos, project notes, and a pattern, click here. I've also linked my project pages on the Projects and Patterns link on the sidebar. Cheers!

Home