At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Thursday, January 30, 2003

THE KISS OF DEATH


Ever have one of those knitting phases when you make horrible mistakes in everything you knit? Today I managed to mangle TWO lace projects, the EZ Pi Shawl (started last week) and another lace scarf in my handspun yarn. Neither is totally unsalvageable, but the shawl will require some major surgical intervention to revive, and I'm simply not in the mood.

I seem to have achieved a new level of burn-out in my job. I find I'm now too tired to get annoyed by events or people (mostly people), and instead ignore them. Happily, a bit of this attitude has leaked into my knitting mind, so I am electing to set the shawl aside until I feel like picking it up again.

So there.

Home