At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Thursday, January 16, 2003

GIFTS


I was thrilled today to see that Wendy received my birthday gift to her. It's a lace sachet bag sized to hold a bar of bath soap. She has posted photos on her blog today, including a cute one with Miss Izzy herself.

I made the sachet out of handspun tussah silk from The Silkworker. It's a fast knitting project and a great way to use up odds and ends of yarn leftover from other projects, or small amounts of yarn spun as samples. I fancy the idea of dedicating the yarn I spin from small samples of fiber, often included in the purchase of a new spindle, to these sachets. This is also an ideal first lace project for the novice lace knitter.

Here's a photo of a sachet made in the same lace pattern out of Brown Sheep Naturespun Sport:



And here's the simple pattern.

Home