At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Monday, December 30, 2002

UNEXPECTED


Remember this?



Well, tonight it turned into this:



This is Sophie from Rowan #30, made from Rowanspun Aran. As you can see, the neckline needs more blocking, but otherwise, the pieces fit together. This was not an easy seaming job, thanks to the neckline straps that had to be sewn together, then lined up with the back neck and the back half of each sleeve. Sheesh.

(And WHY is it that every sweater I make for myself is about 10x too big for me? I must feel larger than I am, because I usually cast on the largest size and end up swimming in the final product.)

Oh well. At least it's done, except for weaving in the loose ends. Exactly what possessed me to haul out this UFO and finish it tonight is beyond me. It's been sitting in a Rubbermaid box for over half a year. A lesson in waiting for the right moment, I believe.

Any unfinished business in YOUR closet, calling your name? ;-)



Home