At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Thursday, October 31, 2002

TECNO-GLITCHES--AND BACK FROM SOAR


Sorry for the silence yesterday, but my iBook was on the fritz. I was feeling woozy in the morning and tripped over the power cord. After the resulting fall from a dresser, the poor old laptop wouldn't start up. I almost cried. Today, after driving from Tahoe City, I took the iBook to ComputerWare for service. The Service Guy made me wait 15 minutes while he talked to his car insurance agent on the phone, and I spent the time gloomily looking at the "Minimum 1-hour service charge $125" sign. When he finally got off the phone, he took a few panels apart, did some minor fiddling, and got the old faithful iBook going again. "You popped a RAM chip loose," he explained. How much was the charge? "Forget it," he said, smiling goofily. "It'd take me longer to fill out an invoice than it did to fix the thing."

((((INSERT THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE FOR THE COMPUTERWARE SERVICE GUY HERE!))))

Anyhoo, so here I am, back online where I belong. I do feel almost completely normal after the unforunately-timed stomach bug. I wasn't as perky as I wanted to be during SOAR, but had a wonderful time nonetheless. I'm too utterly exhausted to update tonight, but look for some fun photos of my SOAR Market loot tomorrow. Cheers!

Home