At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Wednesday, October 23, 2002

STASH EVALUATION, REVISED


Whoops--when I showed you my sweater yarn stash, I forgot to mention two WIPs:

This is the back of Jo Sharp's "Boulevard" sweater from Knitting Bazaar. It's a shawl-collared pullover I'm making for my father, who has been hinting for a sweater ever since I started knitting a few years ago. The design calls for dark and light stripes knitted in the textured pattern you see here. I didn't like the stripes, so I'm just knitting the texture pattern. DSO says it looks like a Hershey bar, so I've renamed it the Chocolate Squares sweater.



This is the the back of the Lo-Tech hooded "sweatshirt" cardigan I'm knitting from Bonne Marie's free pattern. She says she knitted hers 99.9% in front of the computer while surfing, so I am doing the same; the project is stored in a box near my computer and I take it up every time I log on.



If I take these two WIPs into account, I actually have enough yarn for NINE sweaters in the stash! (I'm not counting the yarn for the China Clouds jacket, which I have no intention of starting for now.) I don't think I can knit through 75% of this before succumbing to Yarn Lust, so I'm going to shoot for knitting 5/9 sweaters, including the two shown here. Reasonable?

Home