At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Tuesday, October 08, 2002

A GOOD DAY


Remember the 19 year-old first-time mother I was fretting over? Well, she came in for her postpartum visit today:



(I erased the baby's name, to protect confidentiality.) Hard to believe I was ready to tear my hair out over her, isn't it? The little girl already looks like her mother--tough, spunky and sweet.

Oh, and here is the SOAR vest so far. I'm about 3 inches from the neck shaping, and I have to do the two front halves. Hope I have enough yarn....

On my post-call day, I plied some lovely merino/bombyx yarn, handpainted by Nancy Finn of Chasing Rainbows. The colors are deep and Southwestern-inspired--rich bronze, deep mauve, gold and flashes of dark sage green:



For Operation Cathouse, I think I have a solution for enclosing the upper balcony. Cat Fence In makes a braket-and-wire fencing system that keeps cats contained within a yard or balcony. I think it will work, although I'll have to plant some window boxes to disguise the upper portion of the screen. Watch this space....

Home