At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Monday, October 21, 2002

FISCALLY-RESPONSIBLE KNITTING


In an odd way, I've been very lucky with money. During the apex of the tech boom, I was pre-med and then in medical school and had to borrow money for every cup of coffee, so I missed the excitement and brag rights of earning thousands of dollars in a few hours of day trading. Consequently, I don't feel the effects of the current economic downturn so personally. In fact, now that I'm a working person, I feel better off than I was when I was a student (although my paycheck seems completely unrelated to the work I do--I think it breaks down to about $2/hr).

The economic climate has affected members of my family, however, so we are tightening our belts and thinking of necessities before luxuries. Hence the following Stash Evaluation:



This is almost all of the sweater yarn I have in my stash. I left out 15 balls of Cascade Key Largo and a jumble of Rowan DK Tweed which is destined to become Kaffe Fassett's China Clouds jacket one day, when I am a master knitter.

(I have not shown you all of the shawl/scarf/sock/other small project yarn I have, which is considerable.)

Why am I showing this yarn to you? Because I have decided that I must knit through 75% of this stash this winter before I consider buying more yarn. You are my witnesses!

Coming soon: Fiscally-Responsible Spinning.....

Home