At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Saturday, October 26, 2002

CONQUERING HTML ONE PAGE AT A TIME--AND OFF TO SOAR!


I have been exchanging emails with a new spinner who had a lot of questions on predrafting. I recommended www.icanspin.com as a great resource for video clips of spinning techniques. She was still interested in some of the individual quirks I bring to my own fiber preparation, so I wrote down some instructions in rudimentary HTML to share with everyone--see what you think: How to predraft roving or top.

I have to say this predrafting page represents a huge HTML victory for me. I'm really quite computer-illiterate. Thanks to Stasia--among others--I've been taking baby steps towards writing simple code so I can share my projects with you. Who knows where this will lead? I now have grandiose visions of making an extensive catalogue of my finished work, like that of our own dear Wendy. Oh, I forgot--I have to finish some projects first!

Well, that will have to wait until after SOAR. I'm driving up to Tahoe City tomorrow. It's funny, but I don't really like to drive. I would never have tackled such a journey a few years ago, but now I find I will drive any distance to attend a fiber festival or workshop. Assuming I have a good dial-up in Tahoe, I will be making nightly updates to the blog so you can find out what I've been up to!

Home