At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Monday, September 30, 2002

Too Much Call


It's been a long pause between posts. I'm down for a lot of call these upcoming weeks, all in an effort to be even with my classmates before I go to SOAR.

Which reminds me, here's the latest snap of the SOAR vest. I've divided for the back and two fronts and bound off stitches for the armholes.



And here are a few spindles filled with yarn, waiting to be plied:



For those of you who are interested in the spindle whorls, click here. These are Swan spindles from Grafton Fibers in Cochan rosewood, bocote and banksia pod. They are all wonderful. I spin on them and my entire body feels light.

I'm tremendously impressed with Knitty. Already I'm looking forward to the next issue. Isn't it wonderful, the creative minds out there?

Home