At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Monday, September 16, 2002



STITCH BY STITCH

You were probably wondering if I'd ever post about fiber pursuits again, right?

Well, here's the progress on the SOAR vest so far:



I decided against the Little Cable Fabric stitch. It was fun to swatch but tedious to knit over 200 front-and-back stitches. So I switched to this pattern, which Harmony Vol. 2 calls Diamond Drops. I've done about 7" in total length, including the seed stitch hem.

And here's a few finished skeins:



From left to right: Bountiful Alpine Meadows Penstemon; Windsor Farms Rabbitry angora/merino blend in Blue Plum; tussah silk in a colorway called Harlequin by The Silkworker; Chasing Rainbows bombyx/merino in Madrona; and another Silkworker colorway called Fort Knox. I love skeining finished yarn, don't you?

Home