At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Sunday, September 22, 2002

MOM'S LATEST TRIUMPH & A RESCUED UFO


Look what my mother finished recently:



This is a T-shirt in fingering-weight mohair, again largely designed by Mom. She had a bit of a struggle with a too-tight bind-off at the collar, so it's a squeeze to get in and out of the garment. Like daugher, like mother, hm? Again, Mo the Pekinese appears in the upper right. I like the look of barely-concealed disdain.


And here's a UFO rescued from the rag pile:


This is "Alberta" top-down Faroese-style shawl from Myrna Stahman's book. I'm doing it in 100% sportweight alpaca yarn from Henry's Attic. The color is a natural light brown, or musk. This shawl has been sitting around since last spring when I made a mistake in the lace pattern and gave up mid-row. Yesterday I frogged back to where I'd made the mistake, corrected it, and am now back on track. Thanks again to all of you Wall of Shamers out there, who inspired me to tackle this project again. Here's another look at the lace pattern. And here's why I have to keep the cats away from my knitting at all times--that's my Shroom attacking the bamboo needles I'm using for this project!


Which reminds me: I'm getting ready to move Shroom and Zafu here to Salinas to live with me. This will be their first move. Any advice to you experienced cat-movers out there?

Home