At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Wednesday, August 07, 2002



PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm going to SOAR this October, and I really want to have something handspun and handknit to wear while I'm there.



This is what I'm spinning for the project. The fiber is Alpine Meadows roving from Bountiful in the Mountain Sunset colorway. For this project I'm spinning on my Journey Wheel and getting an approximately worsted-weight 2-ply yarn.

I'd like to make a simple vest, knit back and forth in one piece (so I only have to seam the shoulders together), using an easy textured stitch to show off the colors in the finished yarn. I don't think I have the patience for a big color project, especially since I'm on a deadline.

If I can't finish the vest, Plan B will be a small knitted scarf--perhaps a smoke ring or a mobius cowl--made from one of the many spindle projects I described earlier. Hmmmmmmm.

If anyone has any stitch or pattern suggestions for the vest, please chime in!

Home