At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Saturday, August 17, 2002



ALPINE MEADOWS SWATCH #2


(Click photo for a larger image.) This is the whelk stitch pattern from the second Harmony Guide. I got 23 st and 36 rows/4" square. It's a 4-row knit/purl/slipped stitch texture pattern that lies down flat when finished. It was easy to memorize and fun to knit--essential qualities in a stitch pattern! I also tried the Twist Brioche stitch in Barbara Walker's first Treasury, but found it biased severely to one side, so I frogged the swatch.


It's been a while since I knitted swatches just for the fun of it. I'm thinking I might start knitting one swatch per week, just to learn new stitch patterns. Anyone else do this?

Not much to report on the indigo dyepot (now day #6). Still blue and bubbly. I'm leaving it alone tonight--and starting to plan some other, tried-and-true natural dye runs.




Home