At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Saturday, July 20, 2002



Resurfacing

Night Float is over, and I'm returning to the world of daylight. I've been keeping track of all the babies I've delivered over the last year and the grand total is...187! The last one was a baby girl who came out with a hand poised at her ear. Her little fingers curled around my pinkie as I eased her body into the world. Amazing, when I give myself the chance to think about it....


Working nights didn't keep me from making a dent in some of my projects. I managed to finish a pair of socks that had been sitting around forever. The yarn is Mountain Colors in the Copper King Plum colorway. The pattern is from 3 Trails Designs, the "Schiaparelli Slipper."


I also managed to get halfway through a circular sweater in Cascade Fascination. The pattern is by Joan Williams at Monarch Knitting and Quilts.


I also cast on a new sock in one of the self-striping Opal colorways, did some spindle spinning and even more wheel spinning, and washed two large fleeces. No photos of these projects yet, but--and here I have to blow my own horn for a moment--now that I've FINALLY figured out how to get photos to show up on this blog, I'll be more motivated to take pics regularly!

Home