At the Still Point of the Turning World
Residency is over, NOW what? (While I'm waiting for the answer, I'll get some spinning done....)

Friday, May 31, 2002



Vacation

Seems silly, but recently I've realized that I've worked REALLY hard to join a profession in which I have to work REALLY hard every day--and so, as a reward for all that hard work, I've started to fantasize about my days off the way I used to fantasize about teen idols, designer clothes, and escape. (Although, if I'm honest, organizing my time off contains an element of escape lust as well.)




A few vital statistics: I'm a family practice resident at Natividad Medical Center in Salinas, California. The intern year is now behind me, and I'm at the tail end of a week's vacation. I'm also a spinner and a knitter, and last weekend I attended the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, OR. I returned with three fleeces, a bunch of spinning tools, and countless new inspirations. (If you're interested, check out my photo albums on Picturetrail.) Perhaps this is what has inspired me to start this blog. I've wanted to participate in the online fiber art community more deeply for a long time, but I've been intimidated by the sheer technological excellence of the countless knitting/spinning/weaving sites out there. All I know how to do is send email, upload photos to Picturetrail albums, and make links within these posts (a first!). Yet I'm a firm believer in rolling up my sleeves, getting a start on things, and figuring out the whys and wherefores as they arise. So here I am.




From time to time I'll post photos of my WIPs on Picturetrail, and maybe *one* day, I'll figure out how to get the photos to appear here. Hey--it's a work in progress!



Home